Sunday, June 5, 2011

It's All About the Curls

Well, I took my Loc Extensions to a new height with Pipe Cleaner Curls...and I'm crazy about them! It took a minute...but I've arrived.     
I started out with damp locs and added a dab of loc gel to each Loc Extension and rolled 2 Locs per pipe cleaner. It took about 60 pipe cleaners to achieve the final results. And...about 1 hour to roll. 

I looked like this only overnight over the weekend. Only a Mother could love me.  Although, if I had to do any face time in public...I was prepared to bend the pipe cleaners in a style and hit the streets. Do what you gotta do!


I let them air dry overnight and when I took them out...Whoa...the curls appeared. It was like a MIRACLE...where did these spiral curls come from?    I was and still am amazed.  I just dont know what to do with myself. 

Naturally Yours..Jay

9 comments:

  1. Your locs are beautiful! I'm getting my loc extensions this week! How long do you think I will have to wait before i can do the pipe cleaner curls? I heard that in the early stages you can't do much styling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You for the Love....and congrats on your Loc Extensions Journey. Hope you luv them as much as I do.

    I've been wanting pipe cleaner curls for a long time. I waited 2 months. I just wanted to make sure me and my locs had settled in. I wore buns and ponytails to keep my hands out of my hair.

    Gonna do the curls again for the Fouth of July holiday....keep me posted on your journey....Naturally yours...Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jay they look A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! I mentioned you and your pipe cleaner created curls at our natural hair meetup this past weekend.

    Told the group you had experimented w/ the pipe cleaners but I had not had the chance to peep out your pic yet. I'm sooo happy I did. You keep it up...you have found the inner you...u look mah-va-lus!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blush, Blush, Blush...thank you so very much!! Glad you like them. Thanks so much for all the luv...I am so glad I am on this Journey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jay, this is Quita. I'm happy to see you experimented and was able to pull it off on your own. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Quita....thank you! You've been my inspiration....After seeing your curls...I couldnt wait! Naturally Yours...Jay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jay
    I came across your page. And I to am from Columbia (Metro)..I luv your locks. I have been natural soon be a year. I did it so I could get the locs and I found Quita I think this is the same person that did your locs. I have my appointment in the morning. I can't wait...Thx for making the site I luv it..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome...yes...Quita did my Loc Extensions! I love them! Enjoy your journey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Your Comments...Jay